No trader bases, no on-screen chat, no on-screen markers, no in-game map, no unlimited stamina, no safe zones and no bases.
ZERO WINTER CHERNARUS (Interaction / PVP / No Bases)
ZERO DEER ISLE (Interaction / PVP / No Bases)
ZERO NAMALSK (Interaction / PVP / No Bases)
Chernarus Mods Required: CF, CoT, Advanced Weapon Scopes, Uncuepas Civillian Clothing, Windstride’s Clothing, ZERO Server Pack, Hops Winter Weapons, BearReskin
Deer Isle Mods Required: CF, CoT, Advanced Weapon Scopes, Uncuepas Civillian Clothing, Windstride’s Clothing, ZERO Deer Isle Server Pack
Namalsk Mods Required: CF, CoT, Advanced Weapon Scopes, Windstride’s Clothing, ZERO Namalsk Server Pack
The aim of these servers is to promote more interaction and PVP situations whilst offering you a Vanilla style experience with modded elements that still feel authentic to us.
We have a really active Discord channel for all things to do with the server. Come on over and join in the conversation:
ZERO Discord Channel
The servers will restart regularly to keep things fresh and stable. The restart times are 8am / 4pm / 8pm / 12pm / 4am GMT.
DAY / NIGHT CYCLE
We run a 3 hour day and roughly a 60 minute dark night cycle.
We run a 4 hour day and roughly a 15-20 minute dark night cycle.
We run a 1.5 hour day and roughly a 20-30 minute dark night cycle.
To keep the loot economy flowing across the map and to avoid loot being stashed away on the map for too long, we will wipe the servers to a fresh state every 2 months. The first wipe will take place in October 2020. All characters and loot stashes will be reset.
THINGS TO NOTE
- VSS is a world spawn now in Military areas. A 20 round mag has also been added (not Namalsk).
- You can craft a knife from 3 bones and either a rope or burlap.
- You can craft leather items by using a leather sewing kit on leather.
- You can dye leather items with a oak bark or plant material to get 2 extra colours.
- You can get antlers from a stag if you skin them.
- You can combine antlers with either oak bark bark to make a dark ancient deer mask or silver birch bark to make a light ancient deer mask.
- N = Earplugs.
- Both servers are based in London with a 400 ping limit.
- Animals will bleed out if you hit them with a shot; just keep on their trail. Bears and wolves are not included in this.
- You can craft snare traps to catch rabbits and foxes which you can skin & cook. Use a stick and either wire or barbed wire to craft the trap. Can take between 30 – 60 mins to catch something once placed (currently not working in 1.10).
- You can craft backpacks with the 2x rabbit pelts and a sewing kit/leather sewing kit. Add 3 sticks to make a bigger backpack.
- You can cut up camo nets with a knife and make basic-looking ghillie suit parts. Camo nets have been reduced in numbers (not Namalsk).
- Increased Radio spawns to promote in-game chat, with quieter static noise and an increased range across the map (not Namalsk)
- Increased chance of finding tents.
- Barrels and nails have been removed.
- Lots of new scopes to fit across many weapons if you find the appropriate rail attachment.
- Military & hunting style jackets, pants and hats will offer protection from the rain but will be in lesser quantities. They could save your life (not Namalsk).
- Tweaked armour values (still in experimental phase):
All other lower caliber bullets will do damage based on their power (I.e. will take more shots to armour/helmets to knock people unconscious or kill them.
- More variation in vanilla gun, melee and other item appearances with exclusive skins designed by HappyBombs and implemented by TheEmperorFox and Digiblast.
- For the snow based maps, we have created our own winter gear with correct vanilla heat insulation values.
CUSTOM MAP AREAS
We have a number of custom areas on the maps and we will be adding more over time. Current areas with significant changes are the NEAF, Skalisty Island and the Quarry near Severograd on Chernarus.
There is no right or wrong way to play DayZ but with any community servers, we ask that you abide by these simple guidelines:
DayZ should be about natural, unscripted exploration. Meeting people, making those decisions whether to interact, attempt to be friendly or to not trust anyone.
Remember, Military zones and surrounding towns are always dangerous areas to be in so be on your guard and be ready for a fight. Outside of these areas, people without guns in their hands are not necessarily a threat so why not speak to them and see where it takes you.
Please don’t stream snipe other players that are live streaming. Evidence of this will result in warnings and then bans.
Please don’t use glitches or bugs to gain an advantage in any situation.
Don’t be a dick. Griefing, combat logging, racism, sexism, xenophobia and general dickishness will not be tolerated.
If you have evidence of any of the above being disregarded or ignored, please create a support ticket via the ZERO Discord channel and we will deal with it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I can’t find the servers in the launcher – how do I find them?
Make sure you are searching for ZERO WINTER CHERNARUS, ZERO DEER ISLE or ZERO NAMALSK.
Do I have to be a HappyBombs subscriber on Twitch to play on this server?
Of course not, the server is open to everyone although don’t forget to use that Twitch Prime sub on one of your favourite broadcasters *cough*
What is the population of the servers?
We’ve set them to 80 players on Chernarus, 60 on Deer Isle and 40 on Namalsk.
Will my character transfer across the ZERØ servers?
No, servers are independent from each other so you will have different characters across them.
Are there helicopters on the servers?
We did have helicopters but since the Expansion mod separated the vehicles, we’re going to wait and see how stable that mod is before potentially adding any extra vehicles back in.
Do you have a night time phase on your server and how long does it last?
Night time is approximately 15 minutes on Deer Isle, 60 minutes on Winter Chernarus and 20-30 minutes on Namalsk.
Are there any rules on the server?
There are but its mainly about playing fair and not being a dick. Check out the server guidelines above before you play.
Can I KOS?
Whilst we actively encourage interaction of any kind, KOS is part of DayZ and we don’t want to change that. It creates stories, it creates divides, it creates revenge motives and sometimes you just want to shoot something or someone, right!
Anyway to team up with other people on the server?
There are a few team-chat voice channels and also a specific channel in HB’s Community Discord where you can jump in and see if anyone wants to join you.
Can I use Discord, TeamSpeak or any other voice chat app to chat to my friends in-game?
In-game voice chat is always better from a DayZ Experience point of view but yes, you can chat in private if you want.
Why has the server gone down?
If the server has gone down outside of the normal schedule restart times, its usually because of a Windows Update to the server or a crash. We have a new server management tool so it should come back online automatically. Best to check the Discord channel for any announcements.
Is there a Trader on the server?
No, we do not run a Trader on this server. Find people and trade with them naturally in-game – you’ll be surprised just how friendly and helpful some people can be.